Friday, October 26, 2007

Jol sacked by Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the departure of manager Martin Jol following the UEFA Cup defeat to Getafe.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: "For me, Martin and Chris' departure is regrettable. Our greatest wish was to see results turn in our favour and for there to be no need for change."

A statement from the club read: "We can confirm that the board has this evening asked Martin Jol, club manager and Chris Hughton, first-team coach to stand down from their positions with immediate effect."

Jol added: "I can understand the position of the club in light of the results. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Tottenham Hotspur is a special club and I want to thank the terrific staff and players.For me the fans were always amazing with their support so I would also like to say thank you - I shall never forget them."

Development coach Clive Allen and youth team manager Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of the first team for the time being.

No comments: